UJET leverages enterprise-grade compliance and security standards to secure its customers' data. As part of our continuing effort to comply with GDPR and other data privacy and protection regulations, UJET has finalized its certification to both the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield.
When evaluating customer support solutions, it is critical that multinational companies understand that both company and customer data is being handled and protected in a safe and secure way. Poorly secured information not only compromises an organization's data, brand, and reputation, but those of its customers as well.
This is why UJET focuses on security, data protection and compliance as foundational elements in delivering its Customer Support-as-a-Service solution.
The Privacy Shield certification is offered by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the European Commission, and Swiss Administration to provide the principles and processes to be followed for data protection when transferring data between the United States, the European Union, and Switzerland.
This method enables data transfer in a manner consistent with EU and Swiss law so European and Swiss residents’ personal data is securely transferred and protected from unauthorized access.
As a participant in Privacy Shield, UJET follows the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles listed below when collecting, processing and transferring the personal data of EU and Swiss customers.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
- Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
Importantly, UJET also meets the key requirements for data processing and maintaining data integrity and purpose limitation. These include:
- UJET includes in its privacy notice a declaration of the organization’s commitment to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles so that the commitment becomes enforceable under U.S. law.
- UJET’s privacy notice and Privacy Shield Notice is available online and includes a link to the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website and a link to the website and complaint submission form of the independent recourse mechanism available to investigate individual complaints.
- UJET’s privacy notice informs individuals of their rights to access their personal data, the requirement to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, which enforcement authority has jurisdiction over UJET’s compliance with the Framework, and UJET’s liability in cases of onward transfer of data to third parties.
Maintaining data integrity and purpose limitation
- UJET limits personal information to the information relevant for the purposes of processing.
- UJET complies with the new data retention principle.
UJET’s partners are located around the world and perform business within the U.S., Switzerland and the EU on a regular basis. Privacy Shield certification demonstrates that UJET follows requirements consistent with EU and Swiss law for personal information data transfers. UJET’s finalized certification can be viewed publicly on the Privacy Shield website here.
In addition to Privacy Shield, UJET is GDPR, SOC 2 Type II and HIPAA compliant.